Thursday, April 12, 2007

Mark Roggeman's past

I like Denver Post reporter George Merritt as both a journalist and as a person. But really - does every one of his articles about challengers in the 2007 municipal elections have to be an expose?

The below article regarding Mark Roggeman may well appear a serious matter at its face. But for a 1981 mistrial of a public officer who has served the community for nearly three decades since, is this news?

Without further review, I direct your attention to "Council candidate indicted in 1981."

3 comments:

Andrew Oh-Willeke said...

An isolated 1981 mistrial probably wouldn't be relevant.

What is relevant is that the events leading up to that trial are intimately connected to Mark Roggeman's life defining cause for most of his life since then, which is his ministry to "rescue" people from New Age cults (don't get me wrong, it isn't necessary a bad thing and I had come across his name in writing about New Age cults myself before he ran for public office).

The dramatic incident of questionable legality in 1981 casts light on his character and beliefs, which are relevant now.

Unknown said...

My best friend growing up was Vince biondo. I just talked to him yesterday.

Unknown said...

My best friend growing up was Vince biondo. I just talked to him yesterday.